Saturday, April 29, 2006

When it absolutely, positively has to be there at a time convenient to us

What good is a blog if you can't bitch impotently about minor inconveniences?

First, the good news. Verizon doesn't seem to define "family" narrowly, so I upgraded to FamilyShare to combine my wireless bill with Mike's, and added a line (yes, they call them "lines") for his mom. I had the bright idea to get her a Migo since she wouldn't really be able to work the number pad. (Pause while I chuckle at the image of a legally blind senior citizen trying to text message.)

So far so good. Everything transferred fine; I see the two additional numbers in my on-line customer account.

I got home from work yesterday to find a FedEx tag stuck to the door. I can pick up the packages after 5:00 or they'll try to deliver it again on Monday. No problem, I thought, I'll just go pick them up on Saturday.

BZZZT!

They're not open on the weekend. I can't imagine why not. I mean, it's perfectly acceptable to me that they won't try to deliver a low priority package on the weekend, but shouldn't I at least be given the option of picking it up?

As Little Edie says, "This is the worst thing to happen ever in the history of America."

1 comment:

Cat Herself said...

That Migo is way cool. I need to see if my own wireless has a version . . . or maybe we'll just finally switch over. Hmm . . . .

You see, the progeny is going to be alone this summer - unsupervised for those weeks that he's not at a grandmother's house or at a camp (about half the time).