Friday, February 15, 2013

Don't check bags

As I've said before, what good is a blog if you can't bitch impotently about minor inconveniences?

A few weeks ago, Mike and I were flying home from a conference, and to expedite processing at the airport, I checked both of our bags together.  Later, at the gate, they repeatedly announced that they would like to check passenger's bags for free because the flight was full and space in the overhead compartment was limited.  So that was annoying:  I paid for a service they were later offering for free.

Back at work, while I was sorting through my receipts to prepare my reimbursement request, I discovered that when I checked the bags together, I was charged extra for the second bag.  I paid them $60 unnecessarily.

So I submitted a refund request, which they have just denied.

MORAL:  Don't pay to check your bags on United.  They'll probably beg you to let them check them for you for free at the gate.

3 comments:

Cat Herself said...

finally catching up on blog posts. This sucks! I'll try to remember this advice, too.

Anonymous said...

Hola... Lost touch w/everyone again :( email me@ my name gmail so we can catch up....Gwendolyn "gabes"

tallguy403 said...

So true!! As I said in my blog, you have to watch everything big business does these days. They will try to rip you off every chance they get!