Monday, January 31, 2005

January Overview

On the needles -- what I'm making
  • Toe-up "Simple Sock" in Bearfoot Lupine (pattern to be posted here soon)
  • Toe-up "Simple Sock" in denim blue Encore DK
  • Gaughan's "Here and There Cables" from Scarf Style in Bearfoot yarn leftover from socks
  • Marchant's "Wondrous Woven Cables" sweater from Arans & Celtics in Blueberry Jo Sharp DK Wool Tweed for Mike
  • Up next: gloves for Anna, scarf in baby camel hair, bed for Dodger
Next to the bed -- what I'm reading
  • The Final Solution by Michael Chabon
  • What's the Matter with Kansas? by Thomas Frank
  • Best American Science & Nature Writing 2004 by Steven Pinker (editor)
  • Gifts by Ursula K. Le Guin
  • Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalpyse by Robert Rankin
  • Witches of Chiswick by Robert Rankin
  • America: the book by Jon Stewart and the Daily Show writers
  • Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
In the car -- what I'm listening to
  • So Far by Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young
  • 101 by Depeche Mode
  • Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris (read by the author)
  • Wicked (Original Cast Recording)
On the screen -- movies I've just watched
  • I Married a Monster from Outer Space (1958) [DVD]
  • House of Flying Daggers (2004) [Theater]
  • Elektra (2005) [Theater]
  • Gone with the Wind (1939) [DVD Commentary Track]
  • Blue Sub No. 6 (1998) [Adult Swim On Demand]
  • Closer (2004) [Theater]
In my head -- obsessions
  • Annoying Song: "Popular" from Wicked

1 comment:

yarmando said...

I thought CLOSER was mechanical. I liked it, thought it looked great and the performances were pitch perfect. I'm glad Owen and Portman were nominated for Oscars. But I thought it was empty. It was just an exercise, and though it was executed flawlessly, it didn't really move me at all, or provoke any thinking. In fact, it made me want to see WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF again, because ~that~ was moving and provocative.