Saturday, April 30, 2005

I wonder if my aunt likes lace?

I've been getting a little bored with K2P2, so I thought I'd try branching out a bit, try something a little different. Here is an experiment with Vivienne Shen's "Gull Wings" pattern from Socks Socks Socks (XRX, 1999).



In "Thunderhead" from Bearfoot, the overall color is nice but the yarn is too dark for the wing pattern to show. But that's not my biggest concern: I don't know if anyone I knit socks for would want lacy patterns on their feet.

Unexpected bonus of knitting lacy socks: that hole that sometimes appears where the heel meets the instep? Not a problem. Blends in with the other holes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Don...
from a fellow librarian, knitter, and blogger (not necessarily in that order...)

I like lace socks. ;)