Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jog 8, Walk 5, Jog 8

I got stuck on day 14 of the Couch-to-5K Running Plan, which is jog for 8 minutes, walk for 5 minutes, and jog again for 8 minutes. Day 15 is jog for 20 minutes, which is actually my fitness goal.

But I keep repeating day 14. Am I just being a wuss? The difference between 8+5+8 and 20 seems like a lot, especially when I'm really slogging through those last 5 minutes.

So I'm departing from the plan and creating my own week.


  • Jog 8 minutes
  • Walk 4 minutes
  • Jog 8 minutes

  • Jog 9 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Jog 8 minutes

  • Jog 10 minutes
  • Walk 2 minutes
  • Jog 8 minutes

Then I might skip directly to week 6.

I may need to explore different routes. Currently, I walk to the end of Mackenzie, then turn and run the length of Mackenzie, back into Concord Village, then up to Henderson Road where I turn and head back home. This puts the walking portion of my workout along the AOL property, and I must look suspicious walking along, checking my watch every 30 seconds to see if it's time to start running again. They probably think I'm a really out-of-shape terrorist or industrial spy, checking on morning security routines.

4 comments:

Matt....... said...

I think corporate spy, and AOL has probably bugged your house, car, and your watch you use for running.....good for you though and I'm envious, I got to see what happens when your scale dial goes all the way around past zero this week.....

rcclive said...

Oh, I vote for terrorist. I think you'll look terrific in an orange jumpsuit ...

Have to admit you inspired me to join Curves. A small step, but a step away from the couch none the less. lc2

Cat Herself said...

I'm doing the "excercise one day, take 3 days off" routine.

Anonymous said...

It's good to make your own plan. The goal is to work out more, not to work out to someone else's rigid chart.

I am very impressed with your progress. I though you looked beefy when I saw you Saturday.