Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fibonnaci again

When the socks I intended for Joe were too small, I wanted to get working on another pair quickly. Joe is a retired engineer, so I figured he might like the Finonacci sequence design. I picked up some New England Highland wool in oatmeal and teak. Working from actual measurements, I created these socks:


One pair of socks finished, four more in progress (which shows a profound lack of imagination and ambition, if you ask me). Meanwhile, I set sock work aside to begin working on some Halfdome caps in the latest issue of Knitty. These are cool, although I don't understand why the instructions have you knit them flat then sew the seam. I'm knitting them in the round by casting on two less stitches than the pattern calls for, then subtracting those stitches from the count at the beginning and end of the marker placements and decrease rounds. I've got one cap in progress to replace the lame one I made for Aubrey this spring, and when I ran out of yarn to complete the crown, I started another.

Mission: get all these socks and hats completed before the next XY Knit-In at the Merc next week.

2 comments:

Cat Herself said...

Is XY night already here again? The 19th? I better get moving, then. Hope to be there to crash!

Anonymous said...

Hi Don...I have not met you yet but Gerry and Matt have told me about you. Are you planning to go to the Merc on Weds? I told Matt I would bring him up since he can't drive for 2 weeks. But if I bring him up there I am crashing XY night. Gerry said it's no problem. I may not have a Y but I am definitely double X-rated sometimes! :) Looking foward to meeting you! Randy